What is marine collagen?
Our marine collagen is collagen derived from the fish skin of sustainably wild-caught cod. When it is hydrolyzed, it becomes a completely tasteless, colorless, odorless powder and a pure source of protein. “Hydrolyzed” means that it goes through a process of being broken down into smaller molecules so that it can be easily absorbed by the body. It is also purified and always free of toxins that can sometimes be associated with collagen derived from land mammals, like cows or pigs.
Marine collagen is absorbed 1.5 times faster than other sources of collagen. Because it is absorbed more efficiently, it is thought to provide the best results and most health benefits, including smoother, healthier, and younger looking skin.
Why marine collagen over other types of collagen?
- Marine collagen comes from fish, while bovine collagen comes from cows.
- Different sources means they come from different environments as well- one from the land and one from the sea. The environment in which the animals lived can play a role in the quality of the collagen supplement.
- When wild-caught (such as Kalumi's source), it is the cleanest of the available types of collagen. Land animals may have a higher risk of contamination through hormones and disease.
- Marine collagen is primarily a Type I collagen, while bovine is typically a mixture of Type I and Type III. Type I helps form our skin, bones and other tissues. It’s also the most abundant type of collagen found in the human body. It’s the strongest type, meaning it works the most effectively to heal and rebuild in your body.
- Marine Collagen absorbs 1.5x faster than land animal sources, therefore, there is the potential for you to see results faster.*
- If you're one of the countless people who have tried different skincare products that don't give you the results you're looking for, your skin issue is likely internal and needs to be addressed through diet and possible collagen supplementation. Marine collagen is well-known as the collagen that helps provide a foundation for strong and glowing skin.
- Pescatarian friendly, and safe to consume for those who cannot have meat products for any reason.
- Marine Collagen is more sustainable than land animal sources*
Is collagen safe to ingest?
Our bodies already contain collagen naturally. As you get older, collagen levels and production slows down, and studies show that consuming pure hydrolyzed collagen can boost your body’s own production.
Do marine collagen or Kalumi BEAUTYfood bars taste like fish?
Not at all! Our hydrolyzed marine collagen is always tasteless, colorless, and odorless.
What is yacon syrup?
Yacon is a root vegetable native to Peru with a moderately sweet and delicious flavor. Yacon has a glycemic index of 1 on the glycemic scale and can have prebiotic properties to keep you feeling your best on the go.*
Is Kalumi BEAUTYfood gluten-free?
Yes! Kalumi BEAUTYfood bars are certified gluten-free and made in a completely certified gluten-free facility. They are also dairy free, soy free and non-GMO.
Is Kalumi BEAUTYfood pescatarian?
Yes, our bars are pescatarian since they are made with marine collagen.
What are the ingredients and/or nutrition facts of Kalumi BEAUTYfood?
Please view each flavor on our website to see the ingredients and nutrition facts.
What is Kalumi?
Ka.lu.mi: (KAH-LUE-ME) is an amalgamation of the Greek word “kalon” which means ideal physical and moral beauty and the word “lumi” which means light.
Kalumi is our brand, but we also picture her as our own glowing goddess!
What makes Kalumi "high quality"?
Most collagen products use bovine (cow) collagen, and many collagen products on the market don’t actually contain much collagen. Each of our bars contains 12 grams of sustainably wild-caught marine collagen. Not only do we use premium, marine collagen but we combine it with foods that promote the absorption and retention of collagen. Our Kalumi BEAUTYfood bars also contain naturally occurring antioxidants from food such as beta-carotene (precursor of vitamin A) and vitamin C, both from sweet potatoes. Yacon syrup is another one of the staple ingredients found in Kalumi bars, which is a yummy, healthier sugar alternative native to Peru. Yacon may have prebiotic properties. Compared to many other protein bar companies, we take absolutely no shortcuts and use zero fillers. You’re getting quality, hand-selected ingredients in every bite. Our bars are delicious, clean, AND contain a daily dose of beauty-boosting ingredients. Kalumi is much more than a protein bar!*
What are the shipping details?
We offer FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $40 in the US.We ship Internationally to Canada, Mexico, UK and Australia for orders containing 3 boxes minimum and 5 boxes maximum.
*Shipping fee will apply at checkout and will include duty fees.
Is Kalumi BEAUTYfood shelf stable?
Yes! You do not need to refrigerate the bars. Our bars contain cocoa butter which can melt in hot conditions (in temperatures over 75 degrees, in direct sunlight, or when carried around during the hot months of the year.) We refuse to use additives in our formula to stop this natural occurrence, because we believe in using clean ingredients only!
Why does my Kalumi BEAUTYfood look and/or taste different from my last order?
Because we use natural ingredients without additives, batches can vary slightly and natural separation can occur if your bars come in contact with heat over 75 degrees. This is nothing to be alarmed about, and you should still enjoy your bars as normal!
Can I eat Kalumi BEAUTYfood bars if I'm pregnant?
If you are pregnant, nursing, or have a health concern, always consult your primary care physician before consuming.
How do I make changes to my order?
If you would like to make a change to your order, please contact us as soon as possible, and we’ll do our best to help. If your order has already been shipped by the time we receive your request, then we unfortunately can no longer cancel or change the order.
How do I manage my account and/or subscription?
When you subscribe, you are offered the option to create an account. Please click here to log into your account. If you forgot your password, you can select” Forgot Password” and follow an email prompt to access your account. If you are still unable to access your account, please contact us.
Do you take returns?
We do not accept returns, but we are committed to making sure you are satisfied with your Kalumi BEAUTYfood. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unhappy with your product!
How do I contact Kalumi?
Please email us at email@example.com or call us at (888) 406-5910 if you have any questions or concerns!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.